Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the PMO (Project Management Office) Manager shall have the capability and experience to manage a team, processes and systems for a large multi-million-pound project.
Your future plans:
The PMO (Project Management Office) Manager will be deployed primarily on an Offshore project. He/she will play a key part in the project team and the successful candidate will manage the projects governance and procedural processes. The successful candidate will initially be involved in the development of the project governance and control structures and will then implement and maintain their use through the duration of the project. Within the project the candidate will manage functional teams which include document controllers and planners and will also be expected to manage some other functional areas e.g. change control. In addition the PMO Manager will support the line function in the further development and implementation of processes and governance activities required across the project portfolio.
The role includes a wide range of responsibilities, some of which are listed below:
* Promote Health, Safety, Wellbeing & Environmental good practices
* In alignment with the RWE standard processes establish a controls framework to meet the specific project requirements
* Support the development of the project governance and establish the necessary project specific processes to accomplish these. The PMO Manager will lead the internal quality assurance, monitoring and audit of the governance processes and systems
* Roll out the processes and systems to the wider team and ensure that adequate training and awareness sessions are provided
* Support and manage the PMO Team in their day to day activities
* Co-ordinate and align with control functions which are not included within the PMO Team e.g. risk, cost, etc.
* Coordinate and manage the development of project delivery schedules, the reporting tools incl. project progress and project management interfaces
* Work with the Document Controls team to ensure that the document management needs of the project are satisfied
* Manage, implement and maintain the change control process across all functions on the project
* Manage the project resource recruitment and tracking process for the project and take an active role in the status and reporting of project resources
* Prepare weekly, monthly and adhoc reporting according to the project needs
* Work with other offshore wind projects across the RWE portfolio to ensure that the controls framework is consistent and where applicable is continually being improved
* Support and challenge the PMO team members to establish themselves and their roles in the team and be an ambassador for the PMO in the wider project organisation
* Successful completion of a degree in engineering or similar
* Previous experience as being a PMO Manager with experience in cost management, planning & scheduling, cost and schedule risk analysis, change control and information management
* Experience in working in the offshore wind industry or large construction projects is an advantage
* Experience using tools such as Primavera P6, Primavera Risk Analysis and an EDMS is of advantage
* Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, like excel, word, powerpoint
* Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organising, and prioritising tasks
* Ability to identify a problem or conflict, identify potential solutions and analyse the solutions leading to a recommendation for the optimum solution
* Proactive and self-driven approach with good leadership and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrable competency in leading and/or working within high performing, diverse, mixed discipline teams
* Willingness to travel for specific tasks
We want you who are applying for this role to be able to speak and write fluent English and Swedish.
Please apply for this role no later than 9th January 2022, feel free to attach your application documents in English.
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world's leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the world's leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition - and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region